Editing a Marker
This section covers how to edit an existing marker and describes the basic and advanced marker features that are available for editing.
The Following Plugin/s need to be installed and active
- WP Go Maps
- WP Go Maps Pro Add-on (optional, but required for advanced marker features)
On the Map editor of the of your selected map, you are able to navigate to the Edit Existing Markers section to view, add or edit existing markers.
WP Go MAPS -> Maps (edit your chosen map) -> Edit Existing Markers
To open the marker ediing options related to the marker you'd like to update select the marker on the preview map, and click on the edit icon in the markers info window
Alternatively, the marker editor can also be accessed by selecting the "edit this marker" icon in the edit existing Markers section
In the Edit Marker Section:
- Use the address/gps field to update the marker address
- Alternatively, drag the marker on the preview map to manually position your marker. [ To change a markers position without changing the address please see Fine-tuning a Marker's position ]
- Select the preferred Animation option (None | Bounce | Drop) if required
- Select whether the InfoWindow shoud be open by default
- Click the Save Marker button at the bottom of the page to update the marker
The following marker options are available for editing in the Pro Add-on, the editing procedure is the same as for the the Basic Marker
- Title: Use this field to give a descriptive name for your marker. This shows up at the top of your marker’s InfoWindow when clicked on by a user.
- Address/GPS: Insert the address or GPS coordinates of the location you want to mark. The plugin will place the marker on the map based on this setting. If the placed marker is not in the exact position that you want, you can drag it to the preferred location. This is the only required field on this settings panel.
- Description: Use this to describe your marker in more detail. You can use HTML here as well as insert images or video from you media library
- Gallery: This allows you to upload/select an image for your marker from your Media Library
- Link URL: If you would like a link in the marker’s InfoWindow, insert the full URL here (including http://). This URL will allow visitors to open a web page from the marker’s InfoWindow.
- Custom Marker : This allows you to use a custom PNG image as the marker icon or use the marker icon editor (Marker Library) to create an new icon instead of using the default image (the red tear drop).
- Category: If you want to assign the marker to a particular category, select the category here (you must create the category first). To create Map Categories see WordPress Dashboard → Maps → Categories. How to add custom marker categories.
- Animation: (None | Bounce | Drop)
- InfoWindow open by default Select whether the Marker’s InfoWindow opens by default. The default value is No, which shows the InfoWindow only when the Visitor clicks on the Marker.
- Display on front end. Select whether to show this Marker on the front-end of your website. The default value is Yes.
- Sticky: Selecting this checkbox will ensure your marker always displays at the top of Marker Listings
- Custom Field: Any Custom fields can be edited here Once you’ve updated all your settings, click on the Save Marker button. Your ameded marker will now reflect accordingly on the map as well as in the marker list.