Using KML and GeoRSS files
This article covers Using KML and GeoRSS files with the WP Go Maps Pro Addon.
The Following Plugins need to be installed and active
- WP Go Maps
- WP Go Maps Pro Addon
You can easily use KML files with WP Go Maps Pro:
- Upload your KML files to a location on a live webserver.
- KML files will not work with a local server such as LAMP/WAMP/MAMP.
- Log into your webserver using FTP or SSH (or use the cpanel file manager)
- Upload the file to a location under the public HTML area of your web server.
- On Linux/Apache installations, this will normally be called public_html.
For this tutorial, we created a folder called KML in the wp-content folder.
- Once you’ve uploaded your KML file, please navigate to:
WP GO Maps -> Maps (edit your chosen map) -> Settings -> Advanced
- Scroll down until you see the KML/GeoRSS URL setting.
- Type the full URL to your KML file.
- Remember to save the Map.